Aloo (Potatoes) – 4 medium size (nicely washed and chopped into very small pieces)
Mustard seeds – ¼ teaspoon
Curry leaves – 5 – 6
Salt to taste
Turmeric powder – ¼ teaspoon (I like to add little more because want more yellow color)
Red chili powder – ¼ teaspoon
Garam masala – ¼ teaspoon
Dry red chili – 1 or 2
Green chili – 1 slit into half
Oil – 1 tablespoon
Cumin seeds – ¼ teaspoon
- Take a non stick Kadai, add in oil when the kadai is little hot. Now add in mustard seeds and cumin seeds. When the seeds flutter lower the flame and add in turmeric powder and both the dry red chili and slit green chili and stir again.
- Now add in the finely chopped potatoes along with the other dry spices including the salt and curry leaves.
- Stir once again and allow cooking by covering the kadai with a lid on low flame.
- In between check and stir. Cover again and cook till the Aloo are cooked nicely. The aloo will cook in approx. 10 – 12 minutes.
- Serve hot with chapatti, dosa, idli or even rice.