Chicken – ½ kg
Yoghurd – ¼ cup
Shahi jeera – 1 tsp
Turmeric pwd – ¼ tsp
Red chilly pwd – 1 tsp
Oil – 1 to 2 tbsp
Onion – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 1 tbsp
Mint & coriander leaves – handful
Green chilly – 1
Tomatoes – 2
Cumin powder – ½ tsp
Garam masala powder – 1 tsp
Pepper powder – ½ tsp
Coconut pieces – ½ cup
Cashew nuts – 4
Lemon juice – 1 tbsp
Salt to taste
- Cut the chicken into small pieces and wash them really well. Put them into a mixing bowl.
- Add yoghurt, shahi jeera, turmeric powder, salt and red chilly powder. Let it marinate for 30 mins. Now take a pan, add oil.
- When oil becomes hot, add chopped onion, and fry to transculent. Add ginger garlic paste and saute till raw smell disappears.
- Add fresh mint leaves, coriander leaves, green chilly and saute for few seconds.
- Now add mashed tomato and combine.
- Allow to cook till oil separates. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala powder, pepper powder and stir well.
- Let it boil till all the masala combines to thick consistency. Now add marinated chicken and mix well.
- Add 1 cup water and pressure cook for 3 to 4 whistles. Meanwhile grate coconut to small pieces.
- Grind coconut pieces and cashew nuts with little water to smooth paste.
- Once the pressure turns off, gently stir the contents in cooker.
- Add the coconut cashew paste and allow to cook for another two minutes. Turn off flame and squeeze in a drop of lemon juice.
- Garnish with freshly chopped coriander leaves.
Now your delicious chicken korma is ready to serve hot with roti, naan, chapathi , poori or fried rice