1 tablespoon olive oil
2 chicken breasts, sliced
Salt and pepper to taste
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tablespoon ginger
2 cups + 1/4 cup water
1 cup white rice, rinsed
1/2 cup soy sauce
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1/4 cup honey
2-3 tablespoon sriracha
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 cup broccoli
1 cup carrots
1/2 red bell pepper
Scallions for garnish (optional)
1. Heat olive oil in a large pot on medium heat.
2. Add chicken, season with salt and pepper, and sauté for 8 minutes
3. Add garlic and ginger, sauté for 2 minutes until fragrant.
4. Add 2 cups of water and the rice and stir.
5. Cover the pot and bring water to a boil.
6. Uncover, stir, then reduce heat to low. Cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes, stirring occasionally to prevent sticking.
7. Add soy sauce, rice vinegar, honey, and Sriracha. Stir to combine.
8. Combine 1/4 cup of water with the cornstarch to create a cornstarch slurry. Add the cornstarch slurry to the pot and stir, cooking until the sauce thickens (3-4 minutes).
9. Garnish with scallions (optional) and serve immediately. Enjoy!